We have compiled a list of quick tips that everyone can use during the winter months to save where they can. These tips can apply to different types of homes so please take your time to read down the list:
- Reversing the direction your ceiling fan spins on low can help circulate warm air around the room.
- Homes can easily dry out in the winter months. Moisture in the air helps bring back warmth and to accomplish this, a simple humidifier running during winter months can keep the interior air from being dryer than usual.
- Also, from a comfort level, humidifiers can improve basic ailments like sinus problems. Since air with moisture in it holds heat better, a lower temperature can be just as comfortable and you can save in energy costs.
- If you find that a humidifier serves your needs well, consider getting a whole house humidifier.
- On sunny days (easy enough to find in Arizona), take advantage of the natural sunlight to bring in heat by adjusting blinds so they open and are tilted toward the ceiling. But make sure you remember to close the blinds at sundown.
- Fireplaces can waste a lot of energy. By pulling warm air out of the house through the chimney when not in use, it is an easy measure to forget. Make sure you close the damper when not using the fireplace, or you can install glass doors to help keep heat in the home.
- Exhaust fans, such as those found in kitchens, can pull warm air out of the home through the vent. Exhaust fans can also cause negative pressure inside your home that can lead to back drafts from your fireplace and can cause drafts through the walls, windows and un-insulated outlets in your home. Use them sparingly in colder months to save even more on energy costs.
The best defense against heating problems is regular maintenance. We recommend year-round care with our home care packages. Having heating equipment serviced by a reputable company at least once a year could reduce your heating bill and prevent costly repairs and replacements in the future.
A big part of our recommended plan is regular equipment inspections. Cool Breeze Comfort Solutions has been serving Tucson and Southern Arizona for years and our service is courteous and timely. Catching a potential problem early enough to either prevent a catastrophe or simply save a lot of money on a failing component, we are ready to serve you during the winter months!